Monday, June 2, 2008

Tonights Game

As I am sitting and watching tonights game, I wonder what it feels like to be Pittsburgh goalie Marc-Andre Fleury. A young player with alot of weight on his shoulders no doubt. Anticipation mixed with anxiety.
I myself am a goalie, and those tense moments always made me move better, like an unstoppable force, or maybe that could be better said like an impenetrable force.

My two cents on tonights game...

Detroit is the far better team in the 3rd period and most of the 1st sudden death.
I think that the Red Wings have alot over the Penguins, but the Penguins have the underdog feel to them, and that makes me say "Ge Pens Go!".
4 Stanley Cups have gone to the Red Wings in the last decade, and as much as it would be nice to see a modern day dynasty (my opinion they already are one). I would love to see the young Penguins get what they have worked so hard for. Not to discount the hard work given by the Wings, but the Penguins seem to have more a of a Cinderella story to them. Have you seen how hard Ryan Malone has played... talk about putting your body to the test!

Final thoughts, its nice to see an Original Six franchise still bringing in the crowds, still being a top contender and still draw fans from across North America, but Penguins fans seem like a new breed, new blood to bring into the wonderful game called hockey! New dreams are being made for young boys and girls all over Pittsburgh.

No comments: